Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Home Cinema

Well where did it all start then? I'm not actually sure to be honest. I remember buying a JVC micro CD system when I was about 17 years old. It was my first ever CD player and I was chuffed to bits but I also knew the time had come to treat myself to a new TV and VCR. I knew absolutely nothing about what was the best way to go here so I took a trip to the local Clydesdale store in Motherwell for a look-see. Now when you're totally ignorant about such things, all these things generally come across as being the same sorta thing.........new shiny toys! In the end I walked out with a Toshiba VCR and 14" portable TV both of which cost me approx £600 believe it or not. Roughly £400 for the VCR and about £200 for this appartently top quality portable TV.....well I was young and daft afterall!! Anyhoo, I loved my new set up but I still had this little niggle in the back of my mind telling me it wasn't good enough.....I needed something with a little more kick behind it and then one day (bearing in mind my complete ignorance of ALL THINGS electrical) I was having a look at my little micro unit stereo and I noticed two plug holes at the back of it and remembered that my video had the same sorta plugs at the back of it aswell. Now my little hear was all a flutter.....had I discovered a cunning way to better the sound from my VCR? Well off I went on the hunt for some sorta cable which would do the job of linking the two machines together. I Discovered after five minutes of hunting that my cunning plan wasn't actually revelation but was actually common practice a

No comments: